http://sosnickiorganicproduce.blogspot.com/
In the meantime! I had heard that it is ridiculously easy to make sauerkraut and that you don't even need a recipe. It's only salt and cabbage! I am the queen of not following recipes (I attempted to do some recipe testing for Jae Steeles' new book and realized I could not help her since we were not allowed to do substitutions or tweaking.) I added garlic and onion to my mix and according to the site where I got the directions, anything reasonable can be added. My mom said that my great grandma and grandpa used to make buckets of kraut on the farm. I wonder if they turned out as yummy as mine? I tasted it for the first time tonight and it is tangy like kimchee but without the spice. The flavor will change and mature as the cabbage slowly ferments. I am looking forward to tasting this first batch at different stages and being able to determine the perfect amount of time before it's "doneness."
Check out this site for the directions.

No comments:
Post a Comment