It's 5:23 am! What am I doing up on a Sunday!? Finishing off 10 large batches of organic, whole wheat pizza dough.
Today is our groundbreaking event at the community garden. Yesterday we sectioned off the individual plots and set up our rotating compost system (that we made ourselves out 90% found materials). The space already looks amazing with its new load of compost and the plots clearly marked. We were a little disappointed to see that the city had given us their "regular" compost all filled with pieces of plastic. We assumed the compost we got would be more veggie friendly. No heavy complaints. You take what you can get and we are happy to have anything at this point.
We will have Master Gardener Sara Katz at the event to answer questions. We will also have some dudes playing guitar, the above mentioned pizza and apparently CBC radio will be there to interview people. You will find me near the wood-oven getting my bake on.
My garden at home is thriving! Beans and potatoes are up. Radishes, beets, onions and greens are well on their way to being munchable. Strawberries are forming and broccoli is looking strong. My cucumbers are looking pretty sad and I might plant some from seed to ensure at least some yields. Yesterday I put my tomato plants out. I hope they made it through the chilly night. Pictures of everything coming very soon!
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am really really proud of you!! I can't wait til we come up to Toronto in August/ September-- I expect a full tour (and tasting)
ReplyDeleteheck yes! i expect this!!
ReplyDelete